As we always say, if you don’t have a good skin care regime there is no point spending good money on expensive make up.
As well as making a huge difference to looking good, skin care is also a health issue especially when it comes to the sun. As we become more aware about our health we are also starting to take more care in preventative measures so knowing a little more about how the sun damages our skin and we can combat that will always be handy.
Use sunscreen with SPF of at least 30 to help protect against incidental sun exposure .
– Reapply after swimming or sweating . If you are outdoors reapply after every 3 hrs .
-Sunburn or life-long sun exposure can increase your risk of getting skin cancer and speed up your skin’s aging process.
– Even if you are indoors you need to apply sunscreen as ultraviolet radiation will penetrate water and windows, so you always need protection .
– Remember that clouds don’t block UV rays.
– Avoid exposure when the sun’s rays are at their most intense. The higher the sun in the sky, the stronger the ultraviolet radiation. In summer, this phase runs from 11.00 am to 4.00 pm.
-More generally, it is not advisable to stay on the beach for the whole day.
-Wear enveloping sunglasses with a high anti-UV factor, a wide-rimmed sun hat and loose, and if possible, long clothing (long-sleeved T-shirts and jeans or trousers). This is my little secret to protect myself from sun.
– Never expose your skin to the sun after applying perfume or if you are taking certain medicines, without taking your doctor’s advice.
-Don’t stay longer in the sun even if you have applied a high sun protection factor. The aim of these products is not to increase the number of hours of exposure but to reduce the risks during exposure.
– Avoid tanning beds or self tanning products , They have harmful effects on skin .
– Cover children under 6 months , avoid taking them in sun. Sunscreen is not recommended for children under 6 months old.
– Regularly apply a sunscreen suited to the intensity of the sun and to your skin type .
There you go, staying safe from the sun should be something you and your whole family should be aware of so whenever the good weather does appear we can get out and enjoy it without any lingering doubts.