Today we are going to talk about acne. Acne my old enemy Razz Before destroying it, let’s understand it!
Though usually considered a part of the growing up process acne also affects older people. Acne is the most common and yet most misunderstood skin disorder.
So many people advice you about how to deal with it but the myths actually damage your skin. According to research acne affects 80% of the people. I feel much better writing this as I’m not alone fighting acne . Smile
What is acne?
Acne is a skin condition. Acne generally known as pimples. This includes whiteheads, blackheads, and red, inflamed patches of skin.
What is the cause?
Acne occurs when surface holes known as pores become clogged. Each pore is an opening to a follicle, which contains hair and an oil gland. When glands produce too much oil, the pores can become blocked. Dirt, debris, bacteria and inflammatory cells build up. Here is a list that can cause acne :
2) Too much sun.
3) Not enough omega 3.
4) Dairy products can also cause acne.
5) High levels of humidity and sweating.
6) Hormonal changes related to puberty, menstrual periods, pregnancy, and birth control pills.
7) Diets high in refined sugars may be related to acne.
Why is it important to treat acne properly?
Acne is a presenting feature of underlying hormonal disturbance. If not treated efficiently, it may also lead to scarring of face.
1) Cleanse your face with face wash containing salicylic acid . There are so many face wash in the market. Avoid harsh scrubs.
2) Shampoo your hair daily, especially if it is oily. Comb or pull your hair back to keep the hair out of your face.
3) Avoid greasy cosmetics or creams. Take off make-up at night. Look for water-based or “noncomedogenic” formulas. Noncomedogenic products have been tested and proven not to clog pores and cause acne.
4) Try not to squeeze, scratch, pick, or rub the pimples. It may cause infection.
5) Never wait too long to consult a dermatologist.
Beauty Secret: Avoid waxing facial hair .
Always use soft towel to pat your face dry after a wash.
There you go, now you know more about what acne is, what causes it and how to combat it. There will always be times when a spot pops up, no matter the measures you take but knowing how to reduce them and deal with ones that do appear is half the battle.